Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! What a great day to reflect and give thanks for all we have and to be alive!! This year’s annual Thanksgiving Day blog will be shorter on fluff and longer on real TACTICS!! Wow, what a preview.
Will the Lions win? Will the Cowboys lose? How many times will they show me Jerry Jones in his private suite? Will you eat too much?
Ok, enough fluff.
This year I decided we need to get down to business. I have 5 SURE FIRE tactics for you to improve your days, life, productivity, outlook, and perspective. Get your calendar ready cause here we go.
- Copy and paste BYOG link (my man Dabo Swinney below) to the 1st of every month in your calendar for all of 2018 to watch. It will get you pumped up, make you laugh, and give you a bolt of energy. It’s like a 5-hour energy shot that doesn’t slowly kill you from the garbage they put into energy drinks. And it lasts much longer than 5 hours.
- Make it a point to drink less. Most of us drink way too much. My simple tactic is to cut and paste this into your calendar RIGHT NOW for Sundays at 7pm: “Look at calendar for the week and cancel a night of meeting people for drinks and replace it with yoga”. You’ll thank me later. It’s better for you and most of us don’t invest in ourselves enough. Every hour at yoga is an investment in yourself. Don’t want to do yoga? Meditate.
- Cut and paste this into your calendar for every Wednesday morning at 730am: “Send 1 email or text to someone I care about in this world and tell them why.” That WHY is very important.
- Cut and paste this into your calendar for every Friday at 8am: “Start every sentence for the next hour with ‘you’ instead of ‘I’.” So many people start every interaction with I, I, I, I. It gets really old for the listener. Start focusing on the other person involved in the conversation.
- Invest in the people you love. After 9 months of marriage, I’m loving this married life. My wife is awesome and I’m really lucky. I know I’m the “newlywed guy”………but there is nothing that says you can’t recalibrate your relationships by putting something in your calendar 2 times a week to “feed the meter” or “water what I love”. In my experience the more you feed or invest in the things that are important to you, the better they get. And there’s no shame in reminding yourself to be creative weekly in your calendar. I personally have absolutely no choice as The Guinness Book of World Records is coming to see me soon for “all time marrying up”. I gotta mind my business big time cause I’m terribly overmatched.
That’s all. Five very easy things to do and incorporate into your routine to be more productive and happier tomorrow than you were yesterday.