Here are the top 10 things I have been fortunate enough to learn along the way in my life. I will continue to focus on all 10 in 2014 and wanted to share with everyone else.
- Have a huge heart and show it. Make others feel loved.
- Your passion and intensity toward all things in life is CRITICAL to your future success.
- Believe you are smart and feed your brain POSITIVE THOUGHTS as often as you can.
- Inspire people around you. They will become better if you are INSPIRATIONAL and encouraging.
- Reach other people on a deep level……..heart, mind, and soul. Personally and professionally.
- Realize that your best is simply a “glimpse at your future potential”. It’s not a fluke.
- Make sure others know you care about them A LOT. You’ll be glad you did.
- Challenge others to go to new levels. It will make them stronger.
- Forced choice close everyone all the time. They will appreciate it and you will make their life easier.
- Ask yourself why it’s important to be successful. And talk to yourself about that every day of your life. It will get you pumped up to make a name for yourself.
Just a few thoughts on what I think is required to be part of and lead a GREAT team…
1. Be a GREAT listener and let curiosity rule you.
2. Don’t stay on the surface – go deeper. Get to the root of the issue.
3. Be brave and identify the “elephant in the room” that no one wants to talk about.
4. Affect the THINKING of the most people that you can.
5. If it doesn’t have an owner, don’t waste your time on it.
6. Don’t let separate issues confuse the main issue.
7. Empower other people – showing team members that they’re making a difference is arguably the most critical aspect of empowerment. People want to know they’re moving towards their goal.
8. Set the right tone. Everything you say matters – EVERYTHING MATTERS!
9. Make things crystal clear with no vagueness.
10. Care about your teammate’s success. Care because caring validates effort!
1. Don’t need to be managed are self-motivated, driven and obsessed with the business
2. Have passion for the enterprise/organization
3. Take blame, look in the mirror when something goes wrong
4. Share core values of the organization
5. Know to have responsibility to do the right thing for the organization and not just a JOB
6. Do what they say they are going to do, 100% hit rate